The country director should be able to have overall responsibility for the development and management of the program, ensuring that it is effective in meeting objectives as set out in annual plans, project proposals, and the strategic direction paper to be developed.
Main duties and key responsibilities:
- To represent the organization maintaining coordination and networking relationships with other international agencies, local organizations, local governments, Embassies, media, donors, etc. in the country.
- To propose and implement fundraising activities and develop and manage the funding strategy for the country program.
- To guarantee the definition and implementation of an efficient system of monitoring and evaluation for the different humanitarian programs.
- To manage and ensure the program is supported in accordance with organizational policies and procedures by various systems (IT, Finance, Administration, Logistics and Transport) in order to ensure transparency and accountability to all relevant stakeholders.
- To maintain good, regular and open communication.
- To manage the execution of strategic and operative planning (execution of projects).
- Ensure the fulfillment of the evaluation systems and procedures.
- Oversee the finance function within the country program with overall responsibility for budgeting, reporting and monitoring of all income and expenditure.
- Excellent representation skills, ability to create relationships, negotiation skills, capacity to deal with key international donors and good external networking skills with the humanitarian community at large.
- Excellent writing skills and fluency in English
- Capacity to structure, organize, support and manage teams to reach their objectives and set-up clear and operational priorities.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Capacity to adapt to a potential tense / difficult socio-political context.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills;
- Flexibility in cultural and organizational terms;
- Knowledge of local language and/or regional experience asset;
- Ability to work well and punctually under pressure often to strict deadlines;
- Ability to make sound management decisions in difficult situations and also to work in a participatory manner with colleagues;
- Able to lead and manage a diverse team;
- Good networking skills;
- Excellent organizational and planning skills;
- Strong communication, problem solving and analytical skills;
- Ability to prioritize and handle a diverse and heavy workload
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity;
Status and salary:
Status: long-term permanent contract (most frequently).
Salary: Monthly salary ranging from 1800 to 2400€